Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] What is cumulative incremental???

2006-08-16 14:59:37
Subject: [Veritas-bu] What is cumulative incremental???
From: backupicici at gmail.com (Veritas Netbackup)
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 00:29:37 +0530
We backup a CIFS network drive, which stores scanned images on a windows
machine, to which it is mapped.

Since Images are'nt modified they are just read. The application team claims
that the drive gets updated with 4 GB of data everyday.

We have used a cumulative Incremental backup type and it is observed that

SUN -> Full backup -> 120 GB

Mon -> cumulative incremental backup -> 74 GB

Tue -> cumulative incremental 76 GB

Why is the backup so huge when we have specified only cumulative
incremental?? The backup size shd have been approx 8 GB by TUE.

Another question is whether we can identfiy images about to expire on a
particular day??? I need to identify images which have'nt been vaulted and
which are nearing expiry.

Regards,
PP BIJU KRISHNAN