Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backward Compatible

2006-08-15 10:05:33
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backward Compatible
From: david.clooney at bankofamerica.com (Clooney, David)
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 15:05:33 +0100
Firstly, i would just like mention that the expertise within this group
are much appreciated

This subject I suppose has sprung up from the bpgp forum that has
bouncing around and local SA's realising they have to upgrade.

Question is ....

Master server is being upgraded to NBU 6.0 MP$ in the near future and it
has become apparent that there are a load of NBU solaris 2.6 clients
running 4.5 mp$ . solaris 2.6 is no longer supported as of  5.0<  , so
would it be possible to to keep a 5.1 mp$ media server backing up
various solaris 2.6 NBU 4.5 mp$ ??? which still hooks back in to the NBU
6 master server.

I know this is a dubious question, but the ref  "not supported", backups
would still be completed wouldn't they ?

Is this Symantec pushing the licenseing front or am I'm missing a beat?

Regards

Dave