Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] General Q - Gathering Backup Requirements How-to

2006-08-14 14:28:09
Subject: [Veritas-bu] General Q - Gathering Backup Requirements How-to
From: Hadrian.Baron at vegas.com (Hadrian Baron)
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 11:28:09 -0700
I have the task of documenting RTO and RPO across our Enterprise and had some
questions.

I feel like asking Departments how soon do you need restores will yield...
arguments and confusion.

Do most people present a few different solutions and cost and say pick one?

I somehow feel like the need to get data on "How much money do we loose every
minute of downtime" is going a bit high level, but NECESSARY for establishing
the RTO / RPOs in a realistic manner.

What do you guys/gals think?  Any help for a burgeoning SAN / Backup engineer
would be helpful :)

Hadrian Baron
Network Engineer
VEGAS.com