Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Master Server Migration Question

2006-08-13 21:42:58
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Master Server Migration Question
From: ssesar at mitre.org (Steven L. Sesar)
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 21:42:58 -0400
I did this a few years ago - cooked a Windows and two Solaris masters
down onto one Solaris master. It was non-trivial, there were several
file conversions, definitely not for the faint of heart. Have your
Perl/Shell scripting skills handy, because you will need them. Let me
see if I can dig up my notes. They may be of some help. Caveat: I did
this under 4.5.

--Steve

Katauskas, Daryl wrote:

> Hello Everybody:
>
> I have a quck question regarding NBU Master server migration. We are
> currently in the process of beginning to plan a migration of our
> Solaris 9 v5.1 Master/Media server to a v5.1 Windows platform.
>
> We are planning on doing the following:
>
> 1. Build Windows NBU Master/Media Server with the same name as the
> exisitng Solaris Master Media.
>
> 2. Perform a catalog backup of the existing Solaris Master/Media server.
>
> 3. Move existing library to new master/Media server.
>
> 4. Perform a catalog recovery on the new Windows Master/Media server
> using the catalog backup performed from the original Solaris Master.
>
> Does anyone know if this will work or if there are any file conversion
> needed when restoring the catalog created on a Solaris Master to a
> Windows Master of the same name?
>
> Any feedback would be appreciated.
>
> Regards,
>
> Daryl Katauskas

===================================

   Steven L. Sesar
   Lead Operating Systems Programmer/Analyst
   UNIX Application Services R101
   The MITRE Corporation
   202 Burlington Road - MS K101
   Bedford, MA 01730