Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] tape drive serial number changedwhen drivefail ed - what do I do?

2006-08-09 15:26:44
Subject: [Veritas-bu] tape drive serial number changedwhen drivefail ed - what do I do?
From: roy_vosberg at symantec.com (Roy Vosberg)
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 14:26:44 -0500
The tpautoconf command is what you are looking for :
http://support.veritas.com/docs/273483

<install_path>\veritas\volmgr\bin\tpautoconf -report_disc
Report discrepancies between detected devices and Global Database.

<install_path>\veritas\volmgr\bin\tpautoconf -replace_drive -path
drive_path
After drive hardware replacement, correct the serial number in the local
and Global Databases.

Available since 4.5 FP7 :
 http://support.veritas.com/docs/267447