Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Pausing scheduling under NetBackup 6

2006-08-03 17:26:34
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Pausing scheduling under NetBackup 6
From: john.nardello at wamu.net (Nardello, John)
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 14:26:34 -0700
Under NetBackup 6 MP3, we've noticed that the "nbemmreq
-suspend_scheduling"  command seems to only be in effect until daemons
get cycled, and after that normal scheduling seems to resume.

Short of disabling a service, does anyone have a better way of making
sure backups don't start automatically after a server reboot while we're
doing maintenance ? Setting tries = 0 worked under NB 5 but you can't do
that through the CLI anymore under NB 6.

Any ideas ?
- John Nardello