Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Jobs won't go active

2006-08-02 11:10:48
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Jobs won't go active
From: jack.l.forester at lmco.com (Forester, Jack L)
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 11:10:48 -0400
I've recently added a few new SAN media servers to my environment NBU
5.1MP5) and we are trying to run some test backups from these servers.
The job gets submitted and shows up queued in the activity monitor and
stays that way.  I left one like that overnight, and it was still queued
this morning.  The media servers are HPUX with a Solaris master.

I've checked bpsched, bprd, and bpcd logs on the master server as well
as the bprd and bpcd logs on the media server.  Nothing is screaming out
as to why jobs from these new media servers will not go active.  Other
jobs to other media servers are going active almost immediately.

What other things should I look into?  I've checked name resolution,
traceroutes in both directions, and have a support call open with
Symantec.  These new servers are supposed to go live this weekend.

Argh!

Jack L. Forester, Jr.
UNIX Systems Administrator, Stf
Lockheed Martin Information Technology