Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Disaster Recovery Site

2006-08-01 09:01:37
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Disaster Recovery Site
From: dave.markham at fjserv.net (Dave Markham)
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 14:01:37 +0100
I've done something similar which is adopted as a DR method by the
customer. Its perhaps not as fancy as below but carries the same
important feature. The master server at DR site is the same hostname as
the Production site. This was critical in getting the DR process to work.

All i do is backup to disk each day the catalouges of Prod site ( also
to tape ) and rsync them over to DR site backup server. The DR site
backup server has its own catalogue for backing the DR site up during
normal operation but in DR scenario i backup the DR catalogus (bpbackup
-dpath etc ) and then recover the rsynced ones from production site (
bprecover) now my DR site knows about all the tapes used at production
site ( where i also have an ITC and tapes sent offsite ) and so i can
restore from production machines onto DR machines.

Works a charm

Dave