Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU 6.0

2006-07-28 17:54:23
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU 6.0
From: Hadrian.Baron at vegas.com (Hadrian Baron)
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 14:54:23 -0700
We are going from NB5.0MP5 to 6.0 MPX next month.

Due to many issues - including corrupt images, massive policy changes,
and most importantly, the perceived difficulty involved with migrating
from Windows 2003 to Solaris 10 environments, I've decided to leave the
existing server online and just zone off the HBAs from our Storagetek.
If I need to restore, zone off the new server and boot the old box.

Is this too simplistic an approach?  We hardly ever do restores from
tape.  99% of restores take place from snapshots on our NetApps gear.

Thanks,
Hadrian Baron

  _____