Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU 6.0

2006-07-28 15:27:07
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU 6.0
From: talldoode at cox.net (Dave)
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 12:27:07 -0700
Patrick,

I would discourage doing it this way unless you don't want to keep history -
basically if you want to start from scratch.

There were a number of Catalog and other changes between 3.4 and 4.x, then
again in 5.x and then again in 6.x. It is recommended that you upgrade to
each new level to allow the software to actually upgrade the various parts
that were changed.

If you don't care about the stuff you have backed up with 3.4 and don't need
to ever recover it, blow it away and start from scratch. A clean install is
always less troublesome than an upgrade especially when moving to 6.x.

Current NBU version is 6.0 MP3 so I would recommend that. MP3 fixed a few
things and broke a few things, but that is pretty normal.

Cheers,

dave

  _____