Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Command Line??

2006-07-27 15:12:16
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Command Line??
From: wts at maine.edu (Wayne T Smith)
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 15:12:16 -0400
Daniel Cox wrote, in part,  on 7/27/2006 2:23 PM:
> Is there any way to get the maintenance pack info remotely? Or does
> Veritas expect us to go by hand to every linux/solaris/hpux/windows,
> etc. box to check this?

It's much worse than that.  There is no common way to find MP.  I've had
some success looking at backed up files, for instance in the
"/usr/openv/pack" directory or "C:\Program Files\VERITAS\Patch" folder.
When you're lucky, the ".../netbackup/version.txt" file contains the
installed version and MP.  But if your clients are of various OS' and
various versions of NetBackup, I don't believe you'll be happy with what
you find.

cheers, wayne