Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How to install a media server

2006-07-27 07:48:58
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How to install a media server
From: pkeating at bank-banque-canada.ca (Paul Keating)
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 07:48:58 -0400
> Install the media server by installing as a server. It will
> ask you if it's
> a media server durring the server install.

Having done this about 10 time in the last 2 days, I have to disagree.

You don't get asked if it's a media server....you *do* get asked what
the name of the master is, and if this server is it.........in which
case, you give it the name of the master, and not itself.

Here's a snippet of the install that I captured....named changed to
protect the innocent.

nbu_media is the name of the media server I'm building, and nbu_master
is the name of the exisitng master.

Paul

-----------------------------

A NetBackup Server or Enterprise Server license key is needed
for installation to continue.

Enter license key:
XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XX:
        NetBackup Enterprise Server Base product with the following
features enabled:
        <SNIP>
        has been registered.

The above MUST say Enterprise....you MUST enter an ENTERPRISE license
key or you will not get the options for a media server config....only
Enterprise can have media servers.

All additional keys should be added at this time.
Do you want to add additional license keys now? [y,n] (y) n

Use /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/get_license_key
to add, delete or list license keys at a later time.

Installing NetBackup Enterprise Server version: 5.0GA

If this machine will be using a different network interface than the
default (nbu_media), the name of the preferred interface should be used
as the configured server name.  If this machine will be part of a
cluster, the virtual name should be used as the configured server name.

The domainname of your server appears to be "backup.company.com".
You may choose to use this domainname in your configured NetBackup
server
name, or simply use "nbu_media" as the configured NetBackup server name.

Would you like to use "nbu_media.backup.company.com" as the configured
name of the NetBackup server? [y,n] (y) n

Enter the name of the NetBackup server: nbu_media

Is nbu_media the master server? [y,n] (y) n

What is the fully qualified name of the master server? nbu_master