Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How to install a media server

2006-07-27 01:40:36
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How to install a media server
From: simon.weaver at astrium.eads.net (WEAVER, Simon)
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 06:40:36 +0100
Hi Ken
I am no solaris expert but I may be able to help

To stop / start media server, it can be done from the GUI of the Master
Server or from a command line parameter
Again on Solaris not sure, but from a Windows perspective, when you run
SETUP and enter a license key you get a choice of MASTER, Media or Admin
Tools to install (Admin tools are available without a license).
When you install a Media Server, it will want to know the name of your HOST
MASTER Server.

Once the install has completed, you should see this server as a media server
from the Master GUI

Finally, I think most of this is covered in the Sys Admin guide books too
for Unix.

Some of the above may not be fully applicable, so hopefully a unix bod can
assist here, but it should be a case of install, configure from master and
turn the newly created server into a known media server.

Regards

Simon Weaver
3rd Line Technical Support
Windows Domain Administrator

EADS Astrium Limited, B23AA IM (DCS)
Anchorage Road, Portsmouth, PO3 5PU

Email:  <mailto:Simon.Weaver at Astrium-eads.net> Simon.Weaver at
Astrium-eads.net