Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Scheduler woes with Ver 6.0 + MP3

2006-07-26 09:11:43
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Scheduler woes with Ver 6.0 + MP3
From: ewilts at ewilts.org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 08:11:43 -0500
On Wed, Jul 26, 2006 at 09:52:22AM +0100, WEAVER, Simon wrote:

> ~tim / Ed / Guys
> You see, its issues like this, that is making me feel that I should not
> touch NBU 6!

I've said this many times already - don't upgrade to 6.0 right now.
It's just too buggy.

> Also, could someone clarify this, because on the forums, someone now
> mentions that schedule will be included with MP4.

The Symantec engineering folks are working hard on the issues and are
making good progress.  MP4 will certainly be better than MP3. I give the
support people and the engineering teams an A for effort.
Of course I'm frustrated that the product was so unstable when it was
released.  I don't know if the developers knew it and product management
said ship it anyways or if they didn't know because they didn't test it
well enough.  It's one of these things that customers aren't supposed to
know :-)

> Are these guys just rushing these MP out much quicker compared to 5.x ?? Or
> is it me :-)

They are quicker because of the major bugs they're fixing.  I believe
that MP3 was originally scheduled for the 3rd quarter.  I don't know
when MP4 will come out but it will certainly be far less than a year
after the first 6.0 release (maintenance paks I believe are targetted
for quarterly releases).

        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA