Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Scheduler woes with Ver 6.0 + MP3

2006-07-25 20:44:16
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Scheduler woes with Ver 6.0 + MP3
From: ewilts at ewilts.org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 19:44:16 -0500
On Tue, Jul 25, 2006 at 02:16:56PM -0400, Bhangui, Sandeep - BLS CTR wrote:

> as I know Ver 6.0 has lot of issues with Scheduler but was told by
> support that all necessary patches for scheduler are included in MP3.

If that's what your support rep is telling you, talk to a manager and
have your case re-assigned to somebody with a clue.  There are MAJOR
fixes to the scheduler that are available to some customers who are
experiences problems.  We've put up about a dozen new versions nbpem
*after* MP3 and I'm not the only one.  The scheduler is still broken
today and will not schedule jobs it's supposed to schedule, runs jobs
under a job id of a failed job, and lots of other fun stuff.  Another
customer had major core dumps with the MP3 scheduler (last I heard, they
were fixed).

We still have a dozen or so open cases with Symantec that have been
escalated to Engineering.  NBU 6.0 MP3 is still to be avoided for
customers still running a 5.x release.

        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA