Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Duplicates in bpmedialist.

2006-07-24 16:01:54
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Duplicates in bpmedialist.
From: john.nardello at wamu.net (Nardello, John)
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 13:01:54 -0700
The big problem is that with two media servers thinking they both own
the same tape, they'll each go through and happily overwrite the other's
images. I've seen a tape marked as FULL on one media server and barely
used on a second - not pretty.

Your best bet is going to be to expire the tape contents on each media
server (so the catalog is consistent again) and then import the tape
back into the catalog (from the server of your choice). Alternately, you
could run a media contents report against it and delete every image the
media servers showed except the ones on the report. Little easier to
mess that up though.

That's the only way you're going to get a good feeling about the true
tape contents and your ability to restore images from that tape.

- John Nardello