Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU 6 and changing Linux host name

2006-07-22 13:56:13
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU 6 and changing Linux host name
From: ameegama at yahoo.com (amanda meegama)
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 10:56:13 -0700 (PDT)

  Hi

  EMM database,  still showing devise host as Linux2. Delete all tape drives &
recreate.

  1. List database
  #vmglob -listall -b
  2. Delete tape drive
  # tpconfig -delete -drive "index of drive"
  3. Add tape drive
  # tpautoconf -a
  You can use GUI to configure tape drives.

  Thanks
  Amanda Meegama

"Wilkinson, Tim" <Tim.Wilkinson at dsto.defence.gov.au> wrote:
      Hopefully I've explained this as clearly as possible......

  We've got 2 Linux servers (let's call them Linux1 and Linux2). Linux1 is now
to be called Linux 2 and vice versa.

  Linux 2 is a client (a SAN media server; i.e. it has a storage unit) in
Netbackup 6.

  Once I've made the changes in DNS, as far as the network is concerned, the 2
have been swapped (i.e. the client that was called Linux2 is now called
Linux1).

  Netbackup is now showing the (in Devices>Hosts) the host Linux2.domain is
showing up as offline. I can backup across the LAN (i.e. using the storage unit
of the Master) but obviously, as the hosts device is now offline, it can't use
this device.

  How do I rectify this? Is it as easy as removing Linux2.domain, running the
wizard and adding it again? The device wizard isn't finding Linux1.domain but
perhaps that because it's already configured in there as Linux2.domain?

  Cheers,

Tim Wilkinson
I.T. Support Officer
Science Corporate Information Systems
Defence Science & Technology Organisation
Department of Defence
  Tel: (02) 96921484
Fax: (02) 96921562
Email: tim.wilkinson at dsto.defence.gov.au