Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Troubleshooting Guide Question

2006-07-21 03:58:19
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Troubleshooting Guide Question
From: simon.weaver at astrium.eads.net (WEAVER, Simon)
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 08:58:19 +0100
Jason
If it was me in this position (and it isnt!) I would enable BPBKAR and BPBRM
logging and where possible find out what the client is doing when performing
the backup!

I do not know your network environment or your OS, but if I assume the
client is Windows, turn off any VSP/VSS open file agents, disk I/O or any AV
and retry again.

In activity monitor, note the date / time the backup failed and compare this
with the BPBKAR logs to determine where the cause / process is causing the
problem.

Check disk space too. Finally - ensure Network connections and speeds are
correct and set for the maximum throughput. This is common for issues like
connection reset by host or client.

Hope its of some help

Regards

Simon Weaver