Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] want to give a normal user to monitor netbackup

2006-07-20 11:06:01
Subject: [Veritas-bu] want to give a normal user to monitor netbackup
From: ewilts at ewilts.org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 10:06:01 -0500
On Thu, Jul 20, 2006 at 10:32:56AM -0400, Dyck, Jonathan wrote:
> Looks interesting..   Here's a question... anyone out there a user of
> the Aptare product,  and also an NBU 6.0 NOM user?

I'm an Aptare customer and have had discussions with the NOM product
manager (her office is a few miles down the road from me).  At this
time, the products don't really compete (or it's an unfair competition
:-)).  Aptare is far and away a better, more complete product.  NOM is
good for the price (free) and I expect it will eventually take away some
of Aptare's customers at the really low end.  I don't expect that it
will take over the higher-end reporting that Aptare is good at and has
been doing for a bunch of years.

You can experiment with NOM if you're running 6.0, but you'll need a
dedicated server to set it up on.  If it does everything you need to do,
you're done.  If you still want or need more, contact Aptare.

For my environment, we may eventually look at NOM but I'm no hurry to.
We're currently planning on expanding our Aptare usage, not decreasing
it, even though we're already at NBU 6.

        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA