Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] LTO3 Drive Speed Poll

2006-07-19 13:44:21
Subject: [Veritas-bu] LTO3 Drive Speed Poll
From: jimh at federaledge.com (Jim Horalek)
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 10:44:21 -0700
An LTO-3 runs at 80MB/s native and will speed match down to 40MB/s
An LTO-2 runs at 40MB/s and will speed match down to 19MB/s
Below these rates the drive stops.

If your seeing 143.5MB/sec then it compressed.
At 6MB/s a bottleneck occurred somewhere dropping the performance of the
network or storage system below 40MB/s.

I'd say you were doing pretty good.

Jim