Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Are client backups connected to specific polices?

2006-07-18 19:00:00
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Are client backups connected to specific polices?
From: Tim.Wilkinson at dsto.defence.gov.au (Wilkinson, Tim)
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 09:00:00 +1000
It may be an obvious question but I ask it for a reason; we have a
policy that appears to be setup correctly and has run at some point
(using frequency) but neither the Full backups nor Incrementals backups
appear to want to run on their own anymore (presently, I'm having to
kick them off manually).
I've tried deactivating then activating, but this hasn't resolved the
issue so I might create a new policy (with the same name) and delete the
old one. If I do this, will Incrementals carry on from the last or Full
backup on the previous policy or does it all start again as it is a new
policy (both polices will be exactly the same)?
I'm newish to backup concepts and am guessing because of archive bits,
it may just continue form the old policy.

Cheers,

        Tim Wilkinson
        I.T. Support Officer
        Science Corporate Information Systems
        Defence Science & Technology Organisation
        Department of Defence

        Tel: (02) 96921484
        Fax: (02) 96921562
        Email: tim.wilkinson at dsto.defence.gov.au