Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Script to audit backups based upon STREAMS files

2006-07-18 18:52:51
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Script to audit backups based upon STREAMS files
From: fahnoe at FahnoeTech.com (Larry Fahnoe)
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 17:52:51 -0500
I have received feedback about my interpretation of the data in the
STREAMS files from some informed sources.  As it currently stands, my
audit-coverage.pl script DOES NOT do a thorough job of handling the
case where there is a 0 birth-time for a stream, thus any messages of
the form:

client path policy schedule (type) INITIAL due

are probably erroneous and should be ignored.  As I have some time
I'll take another crack at this and send an update when I have better
data.  Please keep in mind that because this script relies upon my
interpretation of undocumented and unsupported data structures, it is
neither supported nor supportable by Symantec.

--Larry