Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Please help !!!!!! !!!

2006-07-18 07:39:50
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Please help !!!!!! !!!
From: ewilts at ewilts.org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 06:39:50 -0500
On Mon, Jul 17, 2006 at 01:12:18PM -0400, Mark Ma wrote:
> Server: Windows 2000 / Vertias NetBackup DataCenter 4.5 MP4
> Client : AIX 5L
>
> We had good client backup, but get problem to restore data from it.
> After picked a restore file from Server GUI I got return code ZERO
> which is Successful restore, but with file number Zero (No Actual Data
> Restore). Because it is Oracle Database and many many critacal
> Application depond on it. We are on fire!  This was the message from
> Restore Evert Window "No File Find in Archive"

Has this ever worked?  Have you tested a restore from these types of
backups before?  How did you do your archives - with an rman policy, a
cold database backup, or did you put the database into an archive log
mode?

If you use the command line and do a bplist, do you see any files in
your archives?

        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA