Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Please help !!!!!! !!!

2006-07-17 13:41:35
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Please help !!!!!! !!!
From: tech2187 at yahoo.com (K Chapman)
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 10:41:35 -0700 (PDT)
Mark Ma <mma at co.ba.md.us> wrote:    Server: Windows 2000 / Vertias NetBackup
DataCenter 4.5 MP4
 Client : AIX 5L

 We had good client backup, but get problem to restore data from it. After
picked a restore file from Server GUI I got return code ZERO which is
Successful restore, but with file number Zero (No Actual Data Restore). Because
it is Oracle Database and many many critacal Application depond on it. We are
on fire!
 This was the message from Restore Evert Window "No File Find in Archive"

 Thanks in advance
Veritas-bu maillist  -  Veritas-bu at mailman.eng.auburn.edu
are you trying to restore oracle using the oracle agent?  did you back it up
with rman?  if you did it as plain, files, was oracle paused or in some other
way, io to the oracle files stopped so you could back up the files?