Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] DSSU on NBU 6.0 (Windows)

2006-07-17 13:27:34
Subject: [Veritas-bu] DSSU on NBU 6.0 (Windows)
From: LeeAnne.Pedersen at gov.ab.ca (Lee Anne Pedersen)
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 11:27:34 -0600
I would like to clarify some odd behaviour of DSSU on my first install
of NBU 6.0 MP2 on Windows 2003.

1. Why does DSSU insist on having a new tape for each duplication? A
tape for the specific pool is in the library (used by a previous
duplication, with same retention), but the relocation fails because of
insufficient media (no scratch tapes, all used by other DSSU
duplications in another policy). This behaviour will use up far too many
tapes with only a single backup on each.

2. Why does a scheduled DSSU duplication end in an error when there are
no additional images to duplicate? I would think it should be
informational.

Thanks,
Lee Anne

Lee Anne Pedersen MCP
LAN/Server Analyst

Restructuring & Government Efficiency
DCS Delivery Team E
Ph: 780-427-2504
LeeAnne.Pedersen at gov.ab.ca

This communication is intended for the use of the recipient to which it
is addressed, and may contain confidential, personal and or privileged
action relying on it. Any communication received in error, or subsequent
reply, should be deleted or destroyed.