Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Sun branded Emulex SG-XPCI2FC-EM2 problems?

2006-07-13 10:32:17
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Sun branded Emulex SG-XPCI2FC-EM2 problems?
From: stumpb at michigan.gov (Bob Stump)
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 10:32:17 -0400
There is a potential for data loss. I experienced it.
It is possible for the entire tape to become corrupted.
Thankfully, this was on a new NetBackup installation so I was able to
catch up with new full backups.
The fix is a Sun patch 120222-10

http://sunsolve.sun.com/search/document.do?assetkey=1-21-120222-10-1

>>> "Bob Stump" <stumpb at michigan.gov> 7/10/2006 11:35 AM >>>
I am experiencing media position errors on a new master/media server
using 6.0 MP3. I opened up a support call with symantec and they
referred to an internal symantec technote on a known problem. The
hardware is Sun branded Emulex SG-XPCI2FC-EM2 on an 890 platform running
Solaris 10. They told me to contact Sun for a replacement card.

Has anyone experienced this and what did you do to correct it?
Is there a new driver available or does there need to be hardware
replacement?

Bob