Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backup Speeds Revisited

2006-07-13 08:56:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backup Speeds Revisited
From: brooksje at longwood.edu (Brooks, Jason)
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 08:56:26 -0400
We have the following:

Master - Win2k3 SP1, NBU 6.0MP2
Media (1) - Win2K3 SP1, NBU6.0MP2

We backup everything to the media server on their respective subnet to
either SAN disk for DSSU, or some go straight to tape.  Our tape library
is an ADIC Scalar i2K with 2 fibre LTO3s connected to our SAN.  Clients
go through the LAN to get to the media server and then to disk or tape.

Before our relocation, we were generally getting speeds on disk at about
1-5 MB/sec.  I don't know what changes were made to the LAN, but very
little with the clients.  And it's affecting all clients - Windows,
Linux, NDMP.  So, maybe I need to talk with our Networking group?

Thanks,
Jason