Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] 6.0 Upgrade Checklist

2006-07-13 07:53:55
Subject: [Veritas-bu] 6.0 Upgrade Checklist
From: ewilts at ewilts.org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 06:53:55 -0500
On Thu, Jul 13, 2006 at 08:23:47AM +0100, WEAVER, Simon wrote:
> Steve
> There is a Veritas Installation Guide (PDF) that is well worth a read. It is
> not long, and gives some good clear breakdowns as to how to upgrade or move
> or install a clean version of 6.0
>
> >From my perspective (and being a Win2k3 setup) my checklist would be
>
> 1) Ensure FULL compatability with current setup

One thing we noticed was that 3.4 clients now fail with 6.  We had a few
old NT4 systems still running 3.4 that never got upgraded.  They should
be upgraded before you upgrade if you have any still out there.

> As for MP..... dodgy one really - MP3 is (I think the latest) readily
> available, however concerns about bugs and being a bit unreliable makes me
> wonder what is the best MP to use.

MP3 is better than the previous MPs. However, that doesn't mean it's
good enough yet.

> If you have a veritas support agreement, go with MP3

If you don't, don't even think about going to 6!

        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts at ewilts.org