Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] encryption

2006-07-11 08:21:13
Subject: [Veritas-bu] encryption
From: ssesar at mitre.org (Steven L. Sesar)
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 08:21:13 -0400
While LTO4 is slated for release later this year, it is important to
note that key management issues have not been resolved. I'm not sure if
Symantec has a road map for when they might include key management with
NBU, nor am I sure when any other vendor might release key management
software for their products. IBM is supposedly working to acquire some
key management functionality from Spectralogic. Right now, Spectralogic
is the only library vendor that supports encryption at the library
level, hence, they have a working key management system. Additionally,
encryption will be available in SCSI versions of the drives initially.
FC encryption won't be available until next year sometime.