Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU 6 & Library Based Tape License

2006-07-10 20:52:06
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU 6 & Library Based Tape License
From: Tim.Wilkinson at dsto.defence.gov.au (Wilkinson, Tim)
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 10:52:06 +1000
Hi,

I've asked a few people about this but never had what I'd call a complete
answer (I've been quoted from the admin guide but it's not hugely helpful as
I've already read this and doesn't answer my question) so hopefully someone
knows a bit more about this on this mailing list.
We have NBU 6 (Ent) and have a license key for a 'Library Based Tape License'.
We use robotic tape libraries (SL500 among others) but have never added the LBT
license and it all runs fine so the question is what is this license actually
required for? Is it perhaps a legacy thing?

Cheers,

Tim