Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Emc VTL and netbackup question

2006-07-10 16:22:22
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Emc VTL and netbackup question
From: liddles at amgen.com (Liddle, Stuart)
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 13:22:22 -0700
I would add that, yes, it would be a good idea to keep images on the VTL for
possible restores.  However, if you need the space, then you should remove
those images from the VTL as soon as they have been successfully duped.  Our
practice is to make two physical tape copies, one for on-site and the other
for off-site for DR purposes.  That way we have a physical tape on-site with
the backup image for quick restore so that we don't have to do any recalls
from offsite.

  _____