Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Inconsistencies with some open file issues?

2006-07-05 19:39:22
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Inconsistencies with some open file issues?
From: Tim.Wilkinson at dsto.defence.gov.au (Wilkinson, Tim)
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 09:39:22 +1000
The plot thickens a bit here.
We had to have a whole building power outage so had to bring everything
down. When we brought it back up there were a few issues (no policies or
settings were actually changed to my knowledge) but were fixed but
strangely this inconsistency has disappeared; the server that was
reporting open file issues with DHCP dbs, etc now doesn't have any open
file issues. I'm not sure if rebooting everything has got VSP doing it's
thing suddenly or if it's been fixed some other way.
Obviously I'm happy both systems are doing the same thing but I'd love
to know what suddenly fixed the open file errors. Since I first started
this thread, I've found out that VSP is setup for everything by default
unless otherwise specified (according to admin guide); I had previously
thought VSP wasn't configured for clients as we had not configured them
but it seems it is the other way around.
Perhaps the power outage made VSP work?

I'm finding the open file thing a bit hit and miss to be honest.