Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Questions regarding Single drive backup

2006-07-05 08:47:54
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Questions regarding Single drive backup
From: JMARTI05 at intersil.com (Martin, Jonathan (Contractor))
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 08:47:54 -0400
I have this issue occasionally...

Most often you need to re-mount the tape.  You can also check your
master server properties and make sure that backups can write different
retentions on the same tape (if this is the issue.)  Also, I would turn
on the option to not allow backups to span tapes.  I don't know why
ANYONE would use Netbackup to write to a standalone tape drive.  We've
got that configuration here for most of our smaller sales offices and
its nothing but a major PAIN IN THE @$$.  Anyhow... good luck! =)

-Jonathan