Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] restoral from secondary image

2006-06-30 12:34:47
Subject: [Veritas-bu] restoral from secondary image
From: Bill_Jorgensen at csgsystems.com (Jorgensen, Bill)
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 10:34:47 -0600
Scott:

Thank you!! I will take a look.

Bill

----------------------------------
   Bill Jorgensen
   CSG Systems, Inc.
   (w) 303.200.3282
   (p) 303.947.9733
----------------------------------

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Jacobson [mailto:SJACOBSO at novell.com]
Sent: Friday, June 30, 2006 10:20 AM
To: Jorgensen, Bill; veritas-bu at mailman.eng.auburn.edu
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] restoral from secondary image

Bill,

Look at the command "bpchangeprimary" command in
<install_path>veritas/netbackup/bin/admincmd directory.

-sj

>>> "Jorgensen, Bill" <Bill_Jorgensen at csgsystems.com> 6/30/2006 9:28 AM

Guys:

I have not started reading, but I thought I would ask the NBU experts to
try and get an answer a bit quicker.

We backup to disk and then vault to tape. The primary image is on disk
and secondary image is on tape. We are in the middle of an important
data migration and a request has been made to be able to restore from
the secondary image on tape. (That would happen if the primary image on
disk is not available.) I have looked at the bpimagelist output and it
is confusing. I seem to remember seeing Dave or Mark having info on the
specific content of the output. Or at least knowing how to interpret it.
I need to know how to restore from the second image (on tape).

Thank you,

Bill