Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] AIX - Sybase - SQLBackTrack

2006-06-28 13:41:44
Subject: [Veritas-bu] AIX - Sybase - SQLBackTrack
From: Jack.Thweatt at protective.com (Jack.Thweatt AT protective DOT com)
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 12:41:44 -0500
Good afternoon,

We have an unusual configuration we're having quite a bit of trouble trying
to get to run and I was wondering if anyone may have seen something
similar.

We are running NBU Enterprise 5.1MP4 under a Win2003 framework.  We need to
migrate several AIX servers from production TSM to complete our transition
to NBU.  We are testing a production like configuration of AIX on several
RS/6000's with the NBU5.1MP4 client.  These servers are running Sybase
along with SQL BackTrack.  SQLBT handles the database dumps, which are then
backed up with NBU to a DSSU via BMC's OBSI module (an API to NBU).   I've
worked with Symantec in ensuring the NBU / DSSU configuration for maximum
performance, but the transfer to disk is still unacceptable when compared
to TSM.  We have also worked with Sybase, BMC and IBM support.  We have
pinned the problem down to Sybase requesting shared memory which is not
present.  Per IBM, the shared memory cannot be increased.  We have cases
open with both Sybase and BMC, and the latest effort is focused on
reviewing SQLBT to see if it might not be keeping proper track of the
shared memory id's.

I would greatly appreciate hearing from anyone who may have seen such an
issue.

Thanks,

Jack Thweatt
205.268.5646  Office
205.337.8909  Cell
205.268.3474  Fax
jack.thweatt at protective.com

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail communication and any
attachments may contain confidential and privileged information for
the use of the designated recipients named above. If you are not
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have
received this communication in error and that any review,
disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of it or its
contents is prohibited. If you have received this communication in
error, please notify me immediately by replying to this message and
deleting it from your computer. Thank you.