Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU6MP2 NDMP on EMC Celerra crashing

2006-06-28 10:08:59
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU6MP2 NDMP on EMC Celerra crashing
From: spe08 at co.henrico.va.us (Spearman, David)
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 10:08:59 -0400
We are having an odd problem between our EMC Celerra and the NBU6mp2
system. If we interrogate the Celerra for available drive paths it
causes the Celerra to panic and move to it's backup datamaover. This
occurs usually on a second or third interrogation. It can be done with
the gui or with tpautoconf. We may well have a zoning/path problem but
we were wondering if anyone has had a similar experience.

system
NBU6mp2 on win2k3
Adic Scaler 2000  10 LTO-2 drives
brocade switches
EMC Celerra 5.5 OS  (lto-2 drives are in the Scaler but presented on
fiber)

David Spearman
County of Henrico, Va.