Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] RES: Inconsistencies with some open file issues?

2006-06-20 20:40:11
Subject: [Veritas-bu] RES: Inconsistencies with some open file issues?
From: carlos_listas at yahoo.com.br (Carlos Alberto Lima dos santos)
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 21:40:11 -0300
    Are you using VSP to backup open files?

T+

Carlos Alberto Lima dos Santos
Eng. Computa??o ? Jundia? SP-BR
*  <mailto:carlos_listas at yahoo.com.br> carlos_listas at yahoo.com.br
H https://www.linkedin.com/in/tocals
icq 123987362 - skype carlostoca
msn only carlos_alberto_toca at hotmail.com

  _____

De: veritas-bu-bounces at mailman.eng.auburn.edu
[mailto:veritas-bu-bounces at mailman.eng.auburn.edu] Em nome de Wilkinson, Tim
Enviada em: ter?a-feira, 20 de junho de 2006 20:52
Para: veritas-bu at mailman.eng.auburn.edu
Assunto: [Veritas-bu] Inconsistencies with some open file issues?

Hi,

We have NBU6 MP2 installed on 2 separate networks; both backing up DHCP
servers (both Win2k) using ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES. One of them backs up both Full
and Incrementals without any errors, the other having issues with DHCP files
(reporting the file as being open; files such as dhcp.mdb) for both Full and
Incrementals.
I don't think it's a huge issue as such as the files should be backed up
using SYSTEM_STATE (which is implied via A_L_D) or the MS automated backup
of DHCP (residing in ...\dhcp\backup dir) but I"m trying to figure out why
one server reports issues with open files and the other doesn't, when
they're effectively backing up the same thing.

Cheers,

Tim Wilkinson
I.T. Support Officer
Science Corporate Information Systems
Defence Science & Technology Organisation
Department of Defence

        Tel: (02) 96921484
Fax: (02) 96921562
Email: tim.wilkinson at dsto.defence.gov.au