Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Windows File Server "NEW STREAM" syntax

2006-06-20 13:19:10
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Windows File Server "NEW STREAM" syntax
From: Steve.Bally at radisys.com (Steve.Bally AT radisys DOT com)
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 10:19:10 -0700
All,

I have started migrating data over to a Win2k3 R2 file server and I am
experiencing Error 41's (go figure) and so I wanted to breakout the
different volumes into streams but I get and Error 69, that states invalid
file specification (missing ':'): NEW_STREAM

this is what I have in my policy:

NEW_STREAM
E:\Facil
E:\IT
E:\Public
E:\System Volume Information
NEW_STREAM
F:\Home
F:\TempSpace
F:\Utils
Shadow Copy Components:\

Can someone point me in the right direction?  Any help would be
appreciated.

Regards,

Steve Bally
Systems Engineer
RadiSys Corporation
www.radisys.com
steve.bally at radisys.com
Desk: 503-615-1207
Cell: 503-970-6201

This electronic message (Email) contains information which may be
confidential, privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. The
information is intended to be used solely by the named recipient(s). If
you are not a named recipient, any review, disclosure, copying,
distribution or use of this transmission or its contents is prohibited. If
you have received this transmission (Email) in error, please notify me
immediately.