Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] whats wrong with my calendar based backup

2006-06-13 14:54:19
Subject: [Veritas-bu] whats wrong with my calendar based backup
From: bob944 at attglobal.net (bob944)
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 14:54:19 -0400
> If you are using Netbackup 6.0 you can not have your start
> window cross
> midnight.  I was told that it is bad practice.  I think Netbackup has
> gone goofy.

And your documentation is what, exactly?

If this is fact, _I_ want to know about it; please provide a pointer to
your documentation and I'll apologize for the next sentence.  If this
extraordinary claim is an area of NetBackup you don't yet understand,
but you are happy to spread it as fact on a world-wide mailing list
without knowing if it's true or not, do you think that's useful?

Backup windows can span any number of midnights.  (Ref: SAG Volume I.)
If you don't thoroughly understand calendar-based scheduling, the
behavior of calendar-based-schedule backup windows spanning midnight may
surprise you.  Since that behavior usually isn't what users intend, best
practice for many is not to span midnight when using calendar-based, in
which case calendar-based works as the user expects.  (Ref:  every
person I ever knew who tried moving from freq to cal schedules.)