Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] whats wrong with my calendar based backup schedule.bppllist included.

2006-06-13 13:25:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] whats wrong with my calendar based backup schedule.bppllist included.
From: pkeating at bank-banque-canada.ca (Paul Keating)
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 13:25:26 -0400
retry after runday means "anytime after" the defined runday...not just
the next day.

so when you create a new policy, or add a client to an existing policy,
the first time tha backup runs, it hits all schedules to see which takes
precidence.....if your monthly/quarterly exists, then it is probably the
highest priority, unless you've got a yearly, so it tries to
run......you wouldn't expect it to, since you configured it for the last
of the month, but since "allow tries after run day" is selected, it
assumes today is after run day, since there is no existsing  image for
this schedule in the last month/quarter, or whatever.

I think this is "by design", rather than a bug.

Paul