Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Inventory failed: unable to open robotic path (201)

2006-06-09 11:25:27
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Inventory failed: unable to open robotic path (201)
From: GPero at downeysavings.com (Pero, Greg)
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 08:25:27 -0700
Simon,

Yes - have enabled logging .... I've got Qualstar Tech Support, Veritas
Tech Support & Dell Tech Support looking at it as well.  Qualstar has a
utility called "scanscsi" which basically does just that - booting up in
normal mode - it doesn't see the library (even though the post up and
device manager see it).  Dell OpenManage - sees it but reports that it
is "busy - being utilized by another resource".   Booting up in safe
mode - the "scanscsi" utility sees the library.  I'm thinking there is
either some sort of scsi conflict going on or the cabling as you stated.
This is a new install and originally we weren't sure how the tape
library would be from the server rack - so we ordered 15' scsi cables
(enough length to go under the raised floor and up into a server rack)
... As it turns out the rack the server is in is directly next to the
tape library.  I'm going to try a shorter cable to see if it resolves
it.

Thx,

Greg

Greg Pero