Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup Disaster - Update

2006-06-09 07:27:29
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup Disaster - Update
From: simon.weaver at astrium.eads.net (WEAVER, Simon)
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 12:27:29 +0100
Guys
Just wanted to touch base with you all regarding the problems.

First, sincere thanks to Martin Falk, Rockey, and especially Katherine for
help and assistance on and off list.
this is just an update to say after after several discussions, I have
recovered NetBackup with the 2 new SAN MEdia Servers - I dont believe they
are behaving properly as the throughput seems slow (38GB an Hour), however I
will let the full backups run this evening, which will give me a clearer
overall picture.

Test Restores also worked, using the FORCE MEDIA key and specifying the old
and new servers.

I have yet to try to restore from an old Month End - but will get to this
later all being well.

I have Media in the pools that do NOT appear in my Media List. Oddly, one of
my tapes that was used for a restore is known by NetBackup, but not in the
list.

any advice on this would be appreciated. Also I wanted to again get
clarification that if I have tapes that I know have expired (but still in a
volume pool), can I use vmquery to release them and get them into Scratch?

If it was not for this community of people, we would all struggle - I for
one am proud to say I am "NO" expert but when I start to come across BETTER
than Tech Support at Symantec, it makes me wonder if I should ask them for a
job in the UK..... although to be fair, we all have to start somewhere!

And I am looking for a role :-)

Thanks to everyone listening!

Regards

Simon Weaver
3rd Line Technical Support
Windows Domain Administrator

EADS Astrium Limited, B32AA IM (DCS)
Anchorage Road, Portsmouth, PO3 5PU

Email:  <mailto:Simon.Weaver at Astrium-eads.net> Simon.Weaver at
Astrium-eads.net

If you have received it in error then you must not use, retain, disseminate or
otherwise deal with it.
The views of the author may not necessarily constitute the views of EADS
Astrium Limited.
Nothing in this email shall bind EADS Astrium Limited in any contract or
obligation.

EADS Astrium Limited, Registered in England and Wales No. 2449259