Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] RES: 3 Questions about Media Volume Pools andT apesandPolicies

2006-06-06 13:19:21
Subject: [Veritas-bu] RES: 3 Questions about Media Volume Pools andT apesandPolicies
From: pkeating at bank-banque-canada.ca (Paul Keating)
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 13:19:21 -0400
there's no sense in changing a tapes pool if it's already been written.

change all your policies to write to whatever pools you want to continue
with.....as old tapes expire they'll go to scratch and get picked up in a new
pool by the new policy definition....over time, only your old long retention
legacy tapes will be in the old pools.....