Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup Device Configuration problems :-(

2006-06-06 01:18:07
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup Device Configuration problems :-(
From: simon.weaver at astrium.eads.net (WEAVER, Simon)
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 06:18:07 +0100
Guys
After now removing all storage units for my old media servers that were
totally destroyed, I have installed NBU on the newly named media servers and
attempted to run the device configuration utility from my Master.

I have attempted to scan both new hosts but each one comes up with the
following message....

The error message reported is "Could not get device configuration. Cannot
discover devices. see the troubleshooting guide for details (44)." I
received an OK box.

When clicking this, the Device Configuration Wizard asks "Device discovery
failed on host Server001 do you wish to proceed - I say NO. Saying YES
brings up the 1st message and the device configuration fails to continue as
it cannot see the robot.

This occurs whether I scan a single host, multiple hosts or ALL 3 hosts
(Master as well).

Under Media & Device Management, Devices, Robots and hosts I can see entries
for SERVER001 and 002 - I wonder if someone has tried to configure the
devices, and its failed somewhere along the lines and now NetBackup cannot
understand what is happening?

Currently doing a backup of my SAN devices over LAN for now.....

Regards

Simon Weaver
3rd Line Technical Support
Windows Domain Administrator

EADS Astrium Limited, B32AA IM (DCS)
Anchorage Road, Portsmouth, PO3 5PU

Email:  <mailto:Simon.Weaver at Astrium-eads.net> Simon.Weaver at
Astrium-eads.net

If you have received it in error then you must not use, retain, disseminate or
otherwise deal with it.
The views of the author may not necessarily constitute the views of EADS
Astrium Limited.
Nothing in this email shall bind EADS Astrium Limited in any contract or
obligation.

EADS Astrium Limited, Registered in England and Wales No. 2449259