Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Windows 2000 Server DR

2006-06-01 23:12:59
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Windows 2000 Server DR
From: nbu.admin at gmail.com (Steve)
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 22:12:59 -0500
This is how I test DR

Read the NBU Trouble-shooting guide prior to testing. It has step by step
directions on the process to recover Masters, Media servers and Client disk
failures.

1) Build the system to production standards (all applications installed and
running)
2) Find a method to take a image of this Server (Ghost for example) This
helps you bring back the image for future tests
3) Perform a full backup (System_State and all drives, I use
ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES)
4) Build a base system using the same OS and Version and NBU version (Watch
out for a bug with 2003 SP1 that REQUIRES you to install Sp1 if the server
was backed up with SP1)
5) Take a image of this also for future tests.
6) Restore all data to the server. I use the same hardware, this allows me
to use the Netbackup\Bin\w2koption -restore -same_hardware 1

Hope that helps
Steve