Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Disaster Recovery

2006-06-01 14:23:32
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Disaster Recovery
From: kdeems at parker.com (kdeems AT parker DOT com)
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 14:23:32 -0400
We are in the process of purchasing 70 Unix servers for a large project.
Right now we have a dozen RS/6000's;  we perform a nightly mksysb to 8MM
tape on each server.    The combination of the 8MM backups and Veritas
restores worked in the past;  worked fine when DR testing at Sungard.

What are other organizations using for DR recovery for environments which
contain 50 or more Unix servers.   How are you restoring your environments
at Sungard?   I would like to perform mksysb's to a SAN environment but
don't even know if this is possible, since I want to boot from the mksysb
when we are at Sungard.  Any idea's.

Thanks

"PLEASE NOTE: The preceding information may be confidential or
privileged. It only should be used or disseminated for the purpose
of conducting business with Parker. If you are not an intended
recipient, please notify the sender by replying to this message and
then delete the information from your system. Thank you for your
cooperation."