Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] SSO Options

2006-05-31 14:09:05
Subject: [Veritas-bu] SSO Options
From: gmackinn at ford.com (MacKinnon, G. R. (Gregory))
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 14:09:05 -0400
Jack Forester, Jr. wrote:

>Something else to bear in mind:  Unless things have changed recently,
>and I have an email  from Veritas to support this, SSO licenses are
>licensed per drive.  If you have 5 drives that you are sharing, you need
>5 SSO licenses.
>
>If this is not, in fact, the case, I'll need to find new Veritas reps.
>I dearly wish that they'd simplify their licensing!

Jack,

You need to get new reps. I have 4 media servers shareing 9
tape drives and had to buy 4 SSO licenses.

Gregg

Gregg MacKinnon                         Ford Motor Co.
gmackinn at ford.com                    2101 Village Rd.
Technical Computing Section             Rm 1116, MD 1074
(313) 594-3716   pager 7958343          Dearborn Michigan, 48124