Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup 5.1 Windows master at 32 bit and NetBackup 5.1 media servers at 64 bit

2006-05-31 12:37:32
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup 5.1 Windows master at 32 bit and NetBackup 5.1 media servers at 64 bit
From: ewilts at ewilts.org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 11:37:32 -0500
On Wed, May 31, 2006 at 09:05:14AM -0600, Scott Jacobson wrote:
> Ed,
>
> You may want to take another peek at the 5.x OS compatibility list.
>
> http://ftp.support.veritas.com/pub/support/products/NetBackup_Enterprise_Server/263839.pdf

> at the top of page 3 (ending on page 5) there are lists for several
> flavors of Linux OS that are compatible with 5.1 "servers" (which also
> includes media servers) using, among others, AMD64 based systems.

The question was about support for 64-bit Windows and if you read the
documented you pointed to, you'll see that 64-bit binaries on 64-bit
Windows is *NOT* supported for servers with 5.x.  You can run 32-bit
Windows on a 64-bit machine but that's not what the original posted
asked.  64-bit NetBackup server binaries on 64-bit Windows requires 6.x.

        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts at ewilts.org