Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] remove devices from dead media server

2006-05-30 15:54:44
Subject: [Veritas-bu] remove devices from dead media server
From: dcarlisle at paychex.com (Carlisle, D Renee)
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 15:54:44 -0400
You need to remove it from the Global Device Database (I am assuming you are
not on 6.0 yet).  Go to Media and Device management, and expand hosts.  Click
on the decommissioned media server (just click on stop or cancel if it is
trying to contact the media server).  Go to the window with the tape drives,
highlight them, right click and then delete.  After that you should be able to
right click on the media server name and click remove device host.  You may be
able to just remove the device host directly without removing the drives first,
I just like to make sure it is clean.  I am also assuming you have moved any
tapes owned by that media server to a new host?

Rene? Carlisle
Sr. Systems Administrator
675 Basket Road
Webster, NY 14580