Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Status 13 on Shadow copy components

2006-05-30 09:38:49
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Status 13 on Shadow copy components
From: JMARTI05 at intersil.com (Martin, Jonathan (Contractor))
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 09:38:49 -0400
I used to get these errors all the time, and I think we've posted about
10 or more fixes here in the past from the various Windows NBU admins.

Here's mine again:

1 - Upgrade your NIC drivers to the most recent "stable" release
(Windows Update Works Wonders!)
2 - Check Speed and Duplex Settings on your Nic/Switch
3 - Patch NBU to the most recent.
4 - Disable Shadow Copy / Try VSS - maybe disable both!
5 - Restart the NBU Service on the client.

Most of my 13s are network related on older hardware that hasn't seen
upgrades in years but I've also gotten them on new hardware with fresh
installs as well.  I'm sure the other Windows admins had several more
suggestions - perhaps try the website with the message journals?
Perhaps the will post them again here!

-Jonathan